Sunday, October 20, 2013

Watermelon Jelly

My husband loves watermelon, and he loves watermelon flavored stuff. So when we started making jelly this summer and I started searching for more unique recipes to try, when I found that people were making watermelon jelly, we knew we had to try it!

Watermelon Jelly!

I'm not going to share a recipe for this because from what I have read, watermelon jelly is one of those things that is not recommended to can, because watermelon is low acid and there is no "approved" ratio of sugar or lemon to add to it to make safe. If you do make watermelon jelly, possibly consider making it a freezer jelly just to be on the safe side. With that being said.. watermelon jelly is amazing!! My husband and I (yes,  he really helps!) have made two batches of it now. We slightly reduced the sugar and upped the lemon juice in the second batch, to let that delicious watermelon flavor shine through a little better, and we were both very pleased with the results. As soon as you open the jar, the delicious smell of watermelon hits your nose. It really is like summer in a jar!


No comments:

Post a Comment